Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Welcome back - Update on Student Learning

Hello families,

I hope you have had some time to rest and do some activities with your loved ones. As I am sure you are aware, there have been many changes as far as how school for your child will look over the next few weeks. Since there is a strong need for social distancing, I have been working on ways to support your child's learning from home. I want to ensure that each of my students feels connected and engaged in their learning and continues to build relationships with myself and their peers.

I cannot imagine how difficult this sudden series of events has been for each of you. I do understand that this time for our children is exceptionally challenging. We know that the pre-teen and early teen years are a time of social and emotional development and peer relationships become very valuable.

I will be working to provide online learning opportunities for all of my students who have access to technology. For those of my students who cannot rely on regular access to the internet/technology, I will be creating individual solutions based on their needs. I have included a link to a brief survey that I am asking you to complete. This will help me as I shift our learning from the classroom setting to your child's home.

I am also building a webpage where I will be providing resources for you to help your child and links to assignments. The format of student work may look very different. Thank you for your patience as I explore what will work best for each of my students. I do not expect each child to spend hours at their computer but I will be building in opportunities for online chatting with me, posting instructional videos, and providing project choices so that your child is able to choose some of what they will be working on.

Please visit my webpage for information and resources: www.madamemclean.blogspot.com

Please complete the survey (Thank you!): https://forms.gle/mU1ZFUnN8KRnFGL17

Thank you so much for your support.

Madame McLean ❤️

Here's what to expect moving forward!

Hello Families! I am sure many you have questions about the expectations as we move through this week. Please do not be concerned ab...